Keto bread is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional bread that is perfect for those following a low-carb, high-fat diet. The key to making keto bread is to use alternative flours that are low in carbohydrates, such as almond flour, coconut flour, and flaxseed meal. These flours not only provide a lower carb count, but they also bring a unique texture and flavor to the bread that traditional wheat flour can’t match.
One of the great things about making keto bread at home is that you have complete control over the ingredients. You can use a combination of different flours to achieve the perfect texture and flavor, and you can also add in your favorite herbs, cheese, or nuts to make it more flavorful. This recipe that I am going to share with you today is a perfect blend of almond flour, flaxseed meal, and coconut flour, making it not only low in carbohydrates but also gluten-free.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, flaxseed meal, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, melted butter or coconut oil, almond milk, and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well until a dough forms.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and transfer the dough to the pan.
- Bake the bread for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool before slicing and serving.
This keto bread is perfect for sandwiches, toast, or even just as a snack with butter or your favorite keto-friendly spread. And you can also add in your favorite herbs, cheese or nuts to make it more flavorful. The possibilities are endless! Give this recipe a try and let me know how it turns out in the comments below!
One thing to keep in mind is that keto bread may not rise as much as traditional bread, so don’t be discouraged if your bread is a little more dense. The texture of the bread is slightly different from traditional bread, and it can take some getting used to, but trust me, the taste is worth it.
Keto bread is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional bread that is perfect for those following a low-carb, high-fat diet. This recipe is easy to make at home, and it’s a great way to enjoy bread without the guilt. So, give this recipe a try and let me know how it turns out in the comments below. Happy baking!