I don’t think there has ever been a recipe I make over and over again that has taken me this long to post.
I’ve been whipping up paleo egg salad for years and years, y’all.
I wanted to experiment with the recipe a bit this go around. Let me fill you in on what I found out.
No wonder it has taken me this long to post about it.
There are so many things I have discovered along the way… things I wanted to do and try to enhance this recipe.
I’ve finally nailed it, and I cannot wait for you to try it. I’m already thinking about the first time I am going to be able to feed Sophie this deliciousness.
Boy oh boy, is she going to be a good eater!
Sophie has been taking up the majority of my time during the day. She is most alert and active when I get the best light during the day.
A lot of my recipe development has definitely taken me longer than usual, but I am trying to embrace the chaos. There is really nothing better than getting to bond with her.
What I will say though, it’s been so nice having recipes like this Whole30 egg salad tucked away in the refrigerator.
There are days where I don’t have much time or energy to cook, and this egg salad just gives me life in my belly.
I should mention that I have made it before without green onions and bacon. Instead, I’d use red onion for extra bite, and Tim agrees that way is just as delicious as this.
… But who wants to miss out on bacon? Not me.
I’ve got so many more Whole30 compliant recipes coming your way over the next several weeks.
I’m going to be doing another Whole30 takeover during the winter, so I’m spending tons of time in the kitchen prepping for that.
Later this week, I’ll be releasing a pretty darn delicious soup recipe that is paleo, Whole30 compliant AND ketogenic. I’m checking all of the boxes, aren’t I?
I’m trying to. Several of you have come to me asking for more keto recipes. It’s not something I am an expert at, so I can’t slam them out like crazy.
However, I will do my best to get you a nice selection to choose from.
You will absolutely fall in love with this creamy and classically delicious paleo and whole30 egg salad. Just a reminder that it is completely dairy free and keto too!
- 12 soft boiled eggs
- 2/3 cup Paleo Avocado Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 bacon strips diced
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Get a large bowl out and set aside.
- Peel and rinse the eggs in cold water. Pat them dry. Chop into small pieces and transfer to the bowl.
- Add in homemade mayo, mustard, bacon, green onions, salt and pepper. Stir well. Feel free to add a little bit more mayo if you are so inclined. I found 2/3 cup to be perfect.
- Taste for more salt and pepper and add chives on top as garnish.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving. Enjoy!