Creamy delicious Paleo Oatmeal . No cooking required. These Paleo overnight oats can be made hot or cold. Gluten, dairy, grain, egg free, and keto vegan friendly. Healthy easy Paleo Breakfast Oatmeal with endless variety. Read on for this breakfast on the go recipe!
Creamy chilled deliciousness – Paleo Oatmeal
I’m quite into writing Paleo breakfast lately. And if they happen to be Whole30 and Keto hey I’d say go for it ! This No Oat Paleo Oatmeal is so simple to make. It can be served chilled or warm. Add any toppings you like to create endless refreshing variety !
No cook overnight Paleo Oatmeal
I selected ground flaxseed meal for my Paleo Overnight Oats. In my opinion flaxseed meal tastes better and has a nuttier texture than chia seeds. Flaxseed meal also has slightly higher nutritional value than chia.
Flaxseed and flaxseed meal (which is finely ground flaxseeds) are seeds so technically the seed itself will not trigger nut allergy however, there could be cross-contamination if the processing plant also processes tree nuts and peanuts. If you’re allergic to nuts, I found an online brand with peanut-free facility.
How to make Paleo Oatmeal:
To make Paleo Oatmeal you’ll need:
- Ground flaxseed meal
- Dairy free milk (canned light coconut milk will give a creamier taste)
- Vanilla bean or powder
- Ground cinnamon
Soak the ground flaxseed meal overnight with milk of your choice. I highly recommend using light coconut milk from a can because it gives a creamier taste and the seeds can soak up more liquid overnight in the fridge.
The formula is about 3 to 4 tbsp ground flaxseed meal/serving x about 3 times of liquid. For example if use ¼ cup (4 tbsp) ground flaxseed meal, stir/mix with ¾ -1 cup canned light coconut milk and soak overnight in the fridge. Thin with more milk/liquid before serving.
Keep it simple – add any toppings you like
To add some crunch and extra good fat, I lightly pulse sprouted nuts with dates and store them in a mason jar as topping. Add fresh fruit, berries, extra dairy-free milk cream…etc. Voilà ! there you have a bowl of creamy delicious Paleo Oatmeal.
How to make Paleo Oatmeal breakfast on the go
Here’s what I usually do –
- Add the ground flaxseed meal in a mason jar
- Add diary free milk and seasonings such as vanilla bean powder and cinnamon powder.
- Stir well so the meal can bloom properly overnight.
- Seal the jar and store overnight in the fridge.
- Next day, thin and stir with more milk and a touch of sweetener of your choice (omit for Whole30).
- Add any fresh fruit or toppings you like.
This Paleo Oatmeal is –
Creamy cold delicious
Can be made hot or cold
Endless flavor variety
Keto Vegan friendly (adjust or omit sweetener)
Creamy delicious Paleo Oatmeal . No cooking required. These Paleo overnight oats can be made hot or cold. Gluten, dairy, grain, egg free, and keto vegan friendly. Healthy easy Paleo Breakfast Oatmeal with endless variety.
- In a 8 oz. mason jar, combine and stir-well all ingredients under ‘Base of Paleo Oatmeal’. Secure with a lid and store in the fridge overnight. This will be the base of your Paleo Oatmeal. If use vanilla bean, split the vanilla bean down its length and scrape out the seeds.
To serve chilled:
- The flaxseed meal will gel (bloom) further overnight. Stir and thin it with more milk until your desired consistency. Add any preferred toppings. Enjoy !
To serve hot and immediately:
- You can either reheat it over low heat in a small saucepan on a stovetop (stir and thin with more milk) or cook it without soaking overnight. Stir frequently until the flaxseed meal becomes more plump and silky texture.
The Paleo Oatmeal formula is about 3 to 4 tbsp ground flaxseed meal/serving x about 3 times of liquid. For example if use ¼ cup (4 tbsp) ground flaxseed meal, stir/mix with ¾-1 cup canned light coconut milk and soak overnight in the fridge. If use other dairy-free milk from a carton (thinner texture) use ¾ cup milk instead. For potential leftovers, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. The nutrition label is calculated without toppings, nuts, and any added sweetener. Ground flaxseed once opened has shorter shelf life. In general it will keep for about 90 days. It’s best to keep them refrigerated in an opaque container/glass jar. Some people also store them in the freezer for longer shelf life. Also pay attention to the manufacturer’s storage recommendations.