Are you on a low-carb diet and are simply out of ideas about what to cook? Here are some low carb diet menu ideas.
Low Carb Diet Menu for Breakfast
- Make and freeze an egg and vegetable frittata. Then thaw it in the morning in the microwave. Makes an quick and easy but oh so filling breakfast.
- Scramble leftover vegetables, cheese, and eggs.
- Special K now has a low carb version.
- Make muffins and biscuits from flax or almond meal.
- Use yogurt, cottage cheese or tofu to make a shake.
Low Carb Diet Menu for Lunch
- Make your meal salad with dark salad greens instead of iceberg lettuce. It will be much tastier.
- Use an olive oil based dressing.
- A Greek Salad is a naturally low carb diet menu option for lunch with feta cheese, olives, hard boiled eggs, and chicken)
- Go for a luscious salad such as a salmon salad or steak strip salad.
- Use lettuce or low carb tortillas to make a roll up.
- Soups are excellent low carb lunch ideas.
Low Carb Diet Menu for Dinner
Dinner is where you can either serve naturally low carb foods or de-carb some of your favorites. Here are some low carb diet menu options for dinner:
- Grill or pan fry your meat dish. Then add low carb sides such as Cauli-rice as well as vegetables. If you need more food, add a green salad.
- Make a skillet meal where the veggies and meat are mixed such as chicken stir fry or steak fajitas.
- Make a crustless quiche.
- Use vegetables instead of pasta to support your favorite sauce. Examples include zucchini cut into ribbons with a peeler, shredded and sauted cabbage, or bean sprouts. Use low carb sauces such as pesto on top.
- Make your ìpastaî with tofu noodles found in Asian supermarkets.
- Look for low carb main dishes on the internet.
Low Carb Diet Menu for Snacks
- Celery with tuna salad
- Deviled Eggs
- Sunflower seeds (get them in the shell so that it takes longer to eat them).
- Low sugar Turkey Jerkey
- Sugar free lime jello made with part coconut milk.
- Lettuce Roll-ups ñ roll luncheon meat, tuna, egg salad or other filling and veggies in lettuce leaves
- Spread bean dip, spinach dip, or other low-carb dip on the lunch meat or lettuce and then roll it up
- Serve tasty appetizer mushrooms with cheese spread inside
- String cheese, cubed cheese, cheese balls, anything cheese!
- A thick slice of deli turkey, rolled around spinach leaves and a spring onion, dipped in ranch.
It is possible to serve tasty low carb diet menu items throughout the day if you work on being creative and flexible. Your family will help to support you on your weight loss quest when you are creative with your low carb diet menu.