If you own a car, you’ll get this. Rust will be there, it’s just a matter of time. Fortunately, there is a solution to fight it back.
Why you’re going to love this
It’s simple. It’s ridiculously
free cheap and easy to do.
What you need
Regular, cheap white vinegar and a decent cloth.
How you’ll do it
- Put on gloves, safety goggles, and other safety equipment
- Raise or lift your vehicle with a lift or jack on a leveled ground carefully
- Loosen lug screws/nuts
- Remove the wheels by unscrewing the lug screw/nuts and take the wheels off
- Take off the calipers
- Remove brake rotors
- Put the rotors in a bucket or a vessel that is big enough to hold the rotors and water
- Pour white vinegar in the bucket with rotors in it (completely soak the rotors in white vinegar)
- Soak the rotors for at least 1 hour
- Some gas bubbles will start to form after soaking for at least 1 hour
- Take the rotors out
- Use a cloth or rag to wipe the rotors
Boom! You’re done.
Enjoyed this article?
Join our Facebook Community or Subscribe today to our Newsletter or keep visiting our website!