Wouldn’t it be just amazing to have a secret potion that would set everything perfect? For years I have been thinking of some wonder product or food item that can be multipurpose. Something that can treat my hair and skin right, that can keep me fit and healthy at the same time helps my mum with some of the most basic household chores.
The most popular vinegar in the natural health community is the Apple Cider Vinegar. Its consumption has seen an escalating trend in the west while in India it still remains a fairly lesser used food item.
There are a plethora of benefits that this nature’s elixir encompasses in it – from promising you with lustrous hair, radiant skin to warding off health risks and being the ultimate aid in resolving some of your toughest household tasks.
Apple cider vinegar benefits
Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair
1. It has properties that balance your scalp and hair pH level.
2. Its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties help combating scalp infections, dryness, itchiness and dandruff.
3. An after shampoo apple cider vinegar rinse can do wonders to your hair, retaining the pH level of your scalp and leaving you with soft, shiny and smooth hair.
4. It tames rough hair cuticles and fights split ends.
Hair Tip: Add 1/4 cup of water to 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar, apply it onto your scalp. Wrap around a towel and let it sit about 20 minutes. Wash off and repeat twice a week for best results.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Skin
5. It balances the pH level of your skin, it is best to replace your skin toner with it.
6. It is great for treating warts, sunburn, age spots and acne.
7. It can be used as an excellent alternative to a regular after shave lotion.Apply a little on your face and leave it overnight. You can also dab a little onto warts and wrap it with a band-aid, much to your surprise, those warts will fall off in a few weeks’ time.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Health
Health experts vouch for the wonderful properties of apple cider vinegar. From weight loss, lowering blood pressure and sugar levels to treating cold, high cholesterol levels, diabetes and cancer.
8. Its anti-bacterial properties can boost your immune system and help fight against intestinal infection and constipation, ensuring proper digestion.
9. It is known to reduce glucose levels and fight cancerous cells.
10. It also aid in detoxifying your system.
Health Tip: Dilute in warm water and gargle twice a day to get rid of bad breath. Add a couple of teaspoon in warm water and sip on it 30 minutes before your meals; it can do miracles to your metabolism and weight issues. This also keeps you satiated and help avoid overeating, keeping your appetite in control. It’s also known to curb extreme food cravings.
Give your teeth a nice rub with apple cider vinegar, rinse off thoroughly and repeat for a few days to get that sparkling white smile.
A boon for your home
If the above reasons aren’t enough for you to get that bottle of apple cider vinegar, here are a few more facts that can make you hunt for this miracle vinegar at the nearest store.
Apple cider vinegar when mixed with baking soda, lime juice, washing powder or with just warm water, can be used to clean anything and everything around you, from old wares, to tough stains on clothes, mats, curtains, window panes, rugs or carpets.
Mix it with lime juice and sprinkle around to use it as a natural room freshener, its anti-bacterial properties, seal your surroundings against any bacterial invasion and help detoxify your home.